10 Things You Should Know About Mubarak Bala Imprisoned For Insulting The Prophet
Mubarak Bala is a Nigerian atheist and the leader of a non-religious group in Nigeria.
Bala was arrested on charges of blasphemy and insulting his Prophet and was charged.
Here, Legit Hausa brings you 10 things you should know about Mubarak Bala:
1. Bala was born in Kano State
2. He was the husband of Amina Ahmed and they had one child with him
3. Attended Aliyu Bin Abi Talib Primary School sponsored by a Saudi Islamic Foundation
4. He aspires to be a leader, at every level at the federal level
5. He was educated in Salafism and then completed his secondary education at Hassan I Gwarzo School in Kano, where he studied Quran.
6. Bala received the award as the winner of the Year of the Unbelievers on January 8, 2021
7. The teenager made a name for himself in 2014 when he was reportedly taken to a psychiatric hospital by his relatives after he told them he did not believe in God.
8. After his release, he became an outspoken human rights activist in Nigeria
9. Bala was arrested on April 28, 2020, for posting on his Facebook page insulting the Prophet Muhammad.
10. On Tuesday, April 5, 2022, Bala pleaded guilty and the judge sentenced him to 24 years in prison.
Mubarak Bala sentenced to 24 years in prison
We have previously reported that the court has ruled on the case filed by a prominent youth who claims to be atheist, a native of Kano State, Mubarak Bala, on Tuesday, April 5, 2022.
Audu Bako Secretariat, Kano State High Court, has sentenced him to 24 years in prison after pleading guilty to the charges.